Sunday, November 14, 2010

Roasted Butternut squash

Roasted Butternut squash
Turn oven on to 400 Degrees FCut in half carefully, don't lose a digit. Cut off the stem end and the bottom end so that you have a steady squash for peeling and slicing. You really do need to be careful here, the squash is quite hard to cut and peel, and you could quite easily lose control. Don't have any small children at the counter when you do this.Peel carefully, I use a Chef's knife. The big intimidating one. You could try using a peeler, but I'm not that patient.DicePut on a sheet pan and drizzle with Olive oil, then add salt and pepper. Don't look at my gross/grody baking sheet. That's why I usually do fuzzy close-ups. Gorgeous color. Toss the dices around so that all are coated in the Olive Oil and are seasoned nicely. Roast at 400 degrees for about 20-30 minutes.

It comes out all carmelly, sweet and delish. Yum. My favorite new thing to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment