Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Frozen whipped cream



I realize that white on white isn't the best for photos.


Just a quick tidbit. My mom used to freeze heavy cream in the carton and she also used to freeze whipped cream in spoonfuls and take them out to defrost and use later. So I couldn't remember if I'd done it before and had a boatload of whipped cream leftover from one of hubby's caterings. So I put a sheet of parchment on a baking sheet and put dollops of cream on it and then froze them. When they were solid (overnight) I then peeled them off of the parchment or waxed paper and put them in a ziplock bag.
I've been taking them out and putting them in a bowl and defrosting either in the microwave or just on the counter and then using them in my hot chocolate or homemade warm delights. Works great. Leave it frozen on the warm delight and it kind of tastes like ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment