Friday, May 28, 2010

Menu with what's on sale for the week of May 26-June 1

I had to go get the party animal son Wednesday morning at the school following the all night grad. party at, get this, 5 a.m. I had to be there at 5, not leave the house at 5. Just sounds so much more impressive to clarify that. Anywho, I was looking through the new grocery ads while waiting in the parking lot surrounded by cars and a few parents waiting. Just now getting the menu finalized and posted though.

A few things that are not on the menu but worth mentioning:
The Tilapia filets at Albertson's, buy one, get two bags free, so $7.99 for 3 bags of fish filets. Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce on sale at Fry's for .88. There was a coupon in one of the Sunday inserts this past Sunday, which is $1.00 off when you buy 2 bottles of BBQ sauce. So they would be .38 each. Which is good for this BBQ sauce, which I love. Last year Kraft kept on going on sale and with corresponding coupons was free, which may happen later in the BBQ season. But I will be getting the Sweet Baby Ray's this week.

$79.84

Breakfast
1-Cold cereal, milk, yogurt
2-Cold cereal, milk
3-Blueberry pancakes, bacon
4-Cold cereal, milk
5-Cold cereal, milk
6-Pancakes
7-Cold cereal

Lunch
1-Cottage cheese, peaches, crackers
2-Hot dog, bun, orange, Kool Aid
3-PB&J sandwich, watermelon, Kool Aid
4-PB&J sandwich, yogurt, grape tomatoes
5-PB&J sandwich, orange
6-PB&J sandwich, crackers
7-Hot dog, bun, Kool Aid

Dinner
1-Brats, buns, baked beans
2-Spaghetti, canned vegetable
3-Zesty Chicken and Potatoes under Chicken and Potatoes link at the left side or
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/zesty-roasted-chicken-and-potatoes/2d928937-e488-4510-a373-e8cb3b308294 I would cut the chicken into chunks so that cooking time would be quicker and the chicken would go farther, meaning feed more people.
4-Hamburgers. buns, chips, lemonade
5-Leftovers
6-Chicken enchiladas, cantaloup chunks, canned vegetable.
Chicken Enchiladas:
Flour tortillas
cream of chicken soup
sour cream, a coupla spoons full
leftover cooked chicken cut into dices or chunks(don't use all of the chicken in the dijon/mayo sauce, the leftovers might be fine in the enchiladas, but may be funky also)
cheese
7-Meat loaf, corn on the cob, watermelon

Dessert
Ice cream
pudding
Popsicles

Albertson's
Van Camp's pork and beans, 2/$1, buy 2
Yoplait yogurt, 10/$4 when you buy 10, buy 10
Mission flour tortillas, 2/$4, buy 1
Kellogg's cereal, $1.99, buy 3
Libby's canned vegetables, .79, buy 2
Jell-O gelatin or pudding, .88, buy 1 pudding
Bulk red potatoes, .79 lb., buy 1 lb.
Kool Aid, 10/$1, buy 5

Bashas'
Fri.-Mon., Fresh ground beef, $1.68 lb., buy 4 lbs. at $6.68
Bar S meat franks, .47 with coupon from ad and $10 minimum purchase and Thank you card, limit 2, buy 2
Blue Bunny ice cream, $1.77 with coup form ad and $10 min. purchase and Thank you card
Food Club cheese, $1.25
Lay's Potato chips, $1.77
Whole seedless watermelon, $2.88 ea
Tyson bacon, $2.99
Food Club Pancake mix, $1.79
Shamrock Farms sour cream, .99
Shamrock Farms cottage cheese, $2.49
Bashas' milk, $1.99 gal., buy 2

Fry's
Minute Maid fruit punch or lemonade, .88
Popsicles, .88
Chicken breasts, .77 lb., buy 3 lbs. at $2.31
Nabisco snack crackers, $1.88
Kroger Value Peanut butter, $1.49
Kroger Value bread, .88, buy 4
Fry's spaghetti, .88
Kroger Value spaghetti sauce, $1.19
Cream of chicken soup, I've allowed for $1.99
Eggs, 1 doz., I've allowed for $1.99

Safeway
Fri.-Mon.-Johnsonville Brats, $2.99
Safeway hot dog/hamburger buns, .99, buy 4

Sprouts
White corn, 8/$1, buy 4 at .50
Navel oranges, .88 lb., buy 3 lbs.
Blueberries, 2/$3, buy 1
Cantaloupe, 2/$3, buy 1
Green beans, .99 lb.
Grape or cherry tomatoes, 2/$3, buy 1
Peaches, 2 lbs./$3, buy 1 lb.

Items not on grocery list
butter
condiments
sugar
flour
syrup
jelly
spices and herbs
pickles, onions, lettuce or tomatoes for hamburgers
molasses and brown sugar for the baked beans
dijon mustard
mayonnaise

Other great deals this week:
Hansen's soda, 2/$5-Sprouts (I know there is a coupon for these, check www.pinchingyourpennies.com to find out which Sunday)
Hefty foam plates, 10/$10-Albies (check www.pinchingyourpennies.com to see if there is a hefty plate coupon, sometimes you can get these for free if there is)
Dreyer's ice cream, $1.99-albies

2 comments:

  1. Hi Budget Lady,

    i am trying to follow this blog, but am new at it so please help. When do you post the menu each week and does the menu go with the week befores adds? Like when is the best day I should look at your site to get the menu and I also use coupon sense , so I am trying to make these two sites work together with the coupons. thanks Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to get the new menu up each week by Fri. or Sat. but with that said, with a Senior graduating and a husband with a broken foot the past month or two has been sporadic, sometimes posting as late as Sunday or Monday and one week I totally missed. On the header it will say which week's ads the menu is for so you can shop any time during that week and start your menu anytime after that or even before if you shop sales and already have the ingredients on hand. I follow the "This Week for Dinner" blog (to the left on blog favorties)and in trying to be more organized I make out our personal weekly menu from Monday-Sunday. I don't have exactly the same things on our menu as the budget menu b/c of food allergies and likes and dislikes but I try to keep with what's on sale. I actually shop the couponsense way and not week by week as on my blog. I use coupons and only buy meat, produce, frozen and canned goods when they are on sale and if I have a coupon for them. I try to bake all of our bread I can (haven't done that for awhile though). I stockpile when prices go their lowest on ads and with a coupon. I then shop out of my pantry when determining what to have for dinner or in planning a weekly menu. My way of shopping was more like "The $50 Stockpile" but now Mindy has quit doing that. I used to be a couponsenser, and when I used to post my budget menu on the budget file of the couponsense message board (I am Jeri B)I would correspond coupons and sales into the budget menu. When I started the blog I quit doing that as to not give people free couponsense information. I still try to use ingredients that I suspect or know are free or on sale for dirt cheap with a coupon that week. And occassionally, now that I am not doing couponsense, if something is a smoking hot deal that I have discovered on my own or through the Pinchingyourpennies website, I will include the information in the paragraphs before the menu. Sometimes it's quite a time commitment and I've considered quitting doing it. For now I will continue though. To answer your question, sorry, I ramble, the best days would be Sat. or Sun. right now to look at the blog. I haven't gotten this week's up yet. Sorry, I can't be more specific but this is a hobby for me right now.

    ReplyDelete