Saturday, December 12, 2009

Asparagus Beef Roll Ups

Roast beef slices in halves, spread with horseradish
sauce and blanched cooled spears of asparagus layed
on top. Looks like a flag doesn't it? Or if you're LDS
I couldn't help but think of the Title of Liberty. LOL.

Those "five flags" all rolled up.

All of them, all bundled up in their roast beef
blankies, nestled together and ready to go out into the cold (45 degrees, I know it's laughable) to the party. The above picture is pretty much one and a half pounds of asparagus. When we do have leftovers of these, they make a pretty tasty cold lunch. My daughter would even like them in her lunch.

I guarantee you, if you serve these to a crowd where there are asparagus lovers that the plate will be clean in about 30 minutes.

Asparagus Beef Roll Ups
Jenni C.

Asparagus
Roast beef slices, deli style
horseradish cream or sauce

Rinse the asparagus and snap it at the stems to trim. Blanch or steam in water until crisp tender, drain. Then I just add ice cubes to the pan of hot asparagus to stop the cooking process. Then drain and put on paper toweling and blot dry. Lay out roast beef, cut slices in half or thirds, spread a little horseradish sauce on top, then lay an asparagus spear on top and roll up. In the picture it looks like I have spread a lot of horseradish sauce on. I made my own out of sour cream, lemon juice, and horseradish so it wasn't very hot. Beware of how much prepared horseradish sauce you put on the roast beef slices. Do remaining spears. Chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment