Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Beef Burgundy

I told someone that I would post this recipe for the crockpot and as usually happens, then I cannot find the printed version to make sure I have it correct. So I will do my best. I have been using my crockpot about twice a week lately. After school and before dinner is a busy time for most people. Putting dinner ingredients in the crockpot at 1 or 2 in the afternoon ensures that there is something for us to eat at 5 or 6.

Beef Burgundy

Small to medium roast that you cut into chunks
flour
salt and pepper and garlic powder
One package of sliced or whole fresh mushrooms
Beef broth, 1 or 2 cans
1 bag of frozen whole pearl onions

Season beef chunks in the flour. Fry to sear in a hot fry pan with olive oil. Put meat into the crockpot. Deglaze the fry pan with the beef broth, then add the mushroom chunks or slices and the pearl onions. Let sauce simmer to reduce for a few minutes, then add to the crockpot and cook on high for 2-3 hrs. or on low for 5-6 hrs. If you want to fry the mushrooms before adding to the broth you can, so to add color to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment